Learn how to join our team and read about our Volunteer and Mentorship opportunities below, or contact Dr. Natalie Ellington, our Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 567.233.2632 to discuss specific volunteer, mentoring, donation and endowment opportunities. The need is great and with the creative use of all our talents, working together there is so much that can be accomplished. Sowing into the lives of young people returns dividends beyond measure. In our everyday existence, we can touch one another in ways and meaning that we can’t imagine – just by being ourselves and answering a call placed on our hearts.
Not all of us can do great things. But we can all do small things with great love.
Join Our Team!
Mentorship Program Manager
Eileen & Callie’s Place is looking for a Mentorship Program Manager to join our non-profit organization! You will have the opportunity to make a strong contribution to our growing organization.
Mentoring Program Manager ensures that mentees and mentors have the support, resources, and information they need to meet the mentees’ individualized goals.
Mentoring Program Manager Desired Qualifications:
- Degree is social work or related field is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in direct social/human services AND coordinating and leading volunteers.
- Experience developing and implementing programs
- 2+ years of program management and/or leadership is a plus
- 2+ years coordinating and/or facilitating training.
- Experience developing resources for program(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and part of a team
- Great time management skills
- Experience in program evaluation, reporting, tracking deliverables, and maintaining documentation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter as one document to DrEllington@eileenandcalliesplace.org with the subject line “Mentoring Program Manager.”
Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests, and passions specifically correlate to the position and Eileen & Callie’s mission and work. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Our Policy regarding Mentoring:
Eileen & Callie’s Place is a 501(c)(3) faith-based organization committed to empowering, educating, and coaching young women aged out of foster care. These young ladies need genuine relationships, mentors who are truly concerned about their well-being and their future. The fulfillment to what is needed is clearly expressed in Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
We, therefore, require that ALL of our mentors be of like faith and belief in this vital call and approach this program with the love and commitment it deserves. Please refer to our Statement of Faith. Applicants seeking consideration as Mentors will be governed by our Mentor Program Policy. Completing and submitting an application acknowledges that you have read and agree to abide by said policy.
We are only considering female applicants for acceptance into the Mentoring Program and thank you for your interest.
Purpose of mentoring program:
- To help young ladies (18-24) who have aged out of the foster care system develop a positive vision for the future.
What does a mentor do?
- Develops a trusting relationship with the mentee,
- Creates a safe learning environment,
- Facilitates the mentee’s growth by sharing resources,
- Coaches the mentee on particular skills,
- Focuses on the mentee’s total development, and
- Challenges the mentee to move beyond her comfort zone.
What are the basic requirements?
What are the commitment terms?
- Short Term – 1 year
- Mid Term – 2 years plus
- Long Term – until your mentee achieves stability
Many skillsets are needed as we build the organization, open the home, and empower, equip and coach our young ladies. We can match your skills and interests with their needs.
- Coordinate mentor/mentee connections
- Schedule private receptions
- Compile and maintain manuals
- Develop funder relationships
- Manage donor communications
- Coordinate Annual Benefit Dinner
- Coordinate Celebrate 18!
- Develop public awareness campaigns
- Maintain Media Kit
- Manage Instagram
- Post to Facebook and Linkedin pages
- Create Instagram and Tiktok content
Our Resource Partners
Our Resource Partners are organizations that support the vision and mission of Eileen & Callie’s Place.
While there is no promise or expectation of financial discounts or special services, they are committed to being a resource and providing services necessary for our young ladies to transition into successful, productive adults. Services include, but are not limited to, career exploration, economic empowerment, legal services, health and nutritional guidance, financial literacy, job placement, internships, education: high school completion and postsecondary. For all of the services we are truly grateful!
Please visit their respective websites for a comprehensive description of the resources they provide.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
We'd love to hear from you!