It’s our goal to create a new normal for each one of our young ladies. It’s important that the mentors start by laying a strong foundation to build a trusting relationship. Through that relationship true hopes and dreams – some buried in self-doubt or shattered by words of discouragement – can be brought to life. Self-confidence leading to the recognition of what can be and regardless of or in spite of past experiences is another step in creating the new normal and empowering these young ladies to embrace life.
Whether it’s a GED, a post-secondary degree (associate, bachelor, masters and beyond), vocational training or certification of some sort, education is a must! Now that the goal has been identified – mapping the education needed is the next step.
TRAINING – walking alongside, until you’re stable
Our training component consists of “being there until you’re stable”. We’ve all experienced the child learning how to ride a bike in the training wheel stage. If you let go before they say they’re ready and they fall – they won’t get back on. But, if you hold on until they say “I got it!” even if they fall they’ll get back on the bike because they made the decision they were ready. We support our young ladies until they say “I got this”, while encouraging them and helping them to “get it!”
Who We Serve
We serve young ladies 18-24 years old who have aged out of foster care … and
- Are willing to be coached.
- Who want to be independent and/or sustain an independent lifestyle, and
- Are looking for community resources.
- Young ladies who want to be empowered and
- Are interested in developing or improving life skills, and
- Who want a positive and productive lifestyle.
How We Serve
We serve by·
- Building relationship,
- Engaging supportive, caring mentors,
- Assisting in reunification,
- Coordinating therapeutic resources, and
- Partnering with providers and supporters.
Opportunities For Involvement
· Volunteer – many skill sets are needed as we build the organization!
· Mentor – a heart commitment to walk alongside one young lady!
· Resource Partner – support our vision and mission by providing services!
· Donor – all gifts given from the heart are meaningful and appreciated!
For more information, contact Dr. Natalie Ellington
EileenandCallie@gmail.com ♦ 567-233-2632 ♦ EileenandCalliesPlace.org