Eileen & Callie’s Place is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to empowering,
educating and training young women aged out of foster care.
Empowering – creating a new normal through self-actualization;
Educating – personalized for each individual;
Training – walking alongside, just like training wheels.
Established in 2014 by Dr. Natalie Ellington, Eileen & Callie’s Place was the response to a
heart cry. Years earlier, while serving on the King County Women’s Advisory Board, Natalie had
been made aware of the plight of young girls aged out of the foster care system but consumed
at that time with a full time job and various community projects, she filed that information
on the back burner of her brain and went about living life.
It was in 2010 that Natalie found herself unemployed and in search of clients to support her new
consulting business. Tired of the associated stress and mounting disappointment she spoke a life-
changing prayer. “Lord, I need to be involved in something bigger than myself, and
I can’t spend my time just trying to pay my bills.” The Lord answered that prayer
and reminded her of these young girls and she began to research solutions to that heart cry.
Named after her mother (Eileen) and her mother-in-law (Callie), two women who steadfastly
helped others outside of their immediate families,Eileen & Callie’s Place began to take
form. The initial plan was to provide a two-year “transitional home”; but after repeated and
in-depth conversations with young ladies who had aged out, it became clear that what they
desperately needed and wanted was much more than a roof over their head. They wanted and
needed genuine relationships, mentors who were truly concerned about their well-being and
their future. It was evident that the solution to what these ladies needed was clearly expressed
in Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace
and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
These young ladies needed hope and a vision of a great future.
The revised plan provides support for them until their 25th birthday and within that relational
environment each young lady will be encouraged to explore their unique gifts and the dreams
that they’ve held in their hearts over the years. Life skills, educational opportunities and
career exploration will all be conducted on an individual and personal basis.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in God, Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-eternal triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and He is God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He died on the cross, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is the only mediator between God and man.
3. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, that all is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
4. We believe all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and are in need of salvation by grace, through faith in Christ Jesus alone.
5. We believe it is the will of God that every Believer be filled with the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins, renews our hearts, and causes the Church and its people to grow in Christian maturity.
7. We believe in one holy, universal and apostolic Church which consists of all those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
8. We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ; that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust.
WHY is such an important question. It should be the foundation of all that you do. WHY becomes the reason you get up in the morning and WHY causes you to persevere throughout the day. The WHY for Eileen & Callie’s Place is found in our core values:
We are tenderhearted and courteous toward all knowing that lives are enlivened and enriched as we take actions to relieve heartache and trouble..
We forgive quickly and collaborate to find workable solutions in all circumstances knowing that results we seek often take time to realize.
We believe for circumstances and people beyond what we can immediately see or touch. We stand for what is possible not settling for what is improbable.
Our actions demonstrate our care and concern for others regardless of what we receive in return.
We purpose to preserve without discontent for an expected good outcome.
Why do we do what we do? Because …
The time is always right to do what is right!
Martin Luther King, Jr.